Pioneer pride in SHU bookstore
Sacred Heart students wear their pioneer trademark with pride throughout campus.
“I think it’s great that SHU students wear the University apparel,” said freshman Mohammed Rana. “It is a great way to show of your school spirit.”
Rocking the red and white apparel can be viewed as a trend fashioned by college aged students and alumni alike.
“By seeing the red and white Pioneer pride apparel around the school, it gives the school a nice vibe,” said freshman Dan Tozzi.
Sweatshirts are a common purchase among students.
“In my closet you can find a lot of sweat shirts and pants,” said sophomore Kristen Csordas.
Students like to show their school spirit when they have an off day or are working out at the Pitt Center. The bookstore has a variety of different clothing that fits various occasions both professional and casual.
“The clothes are alright for when I have a casual day or for working out,” said freshman Kevin Campos. “[But] due to the prices I do not own a lot of Sacred Heart clothing.”
A common complaint amongst students is the over pricing of the bookstore’s apparel.
“Prices are pretty expensive. I think they should be a little cheaper considering we’re already paying a lot of money to go to [school],” said Csordas.
Most Sacred Heart students are conscious of the money they spend at the bookstore.
“I only buy from the sales rack when it comes to the apparel,” said Sophomore Gentiana Dedushaj.
Students agree that discounted sales are vital to a college student’s wallet. The new location of the bookstore makes it easier to spot a sale which has increased sales in the past months of its new home in the Linda E. McMahon Commons.
“Ever since the move, clothing sales have improved over the past year. Since the bookstore is more visible on campus now, we have been able to display products more effectively,” said store manager Ramona Strang.
For college students, prices go a long way. Most students are trying to conserve their money.
“I buy my SHU apparel in moderation,” said Rana.
Sacred Heart’s variety of choices has a fit for every one of any style and budget.
“We offer a wide range of choice, from value priced items to higher end fashion such as Vineyard Vine, Ping and Brooks Brother,” said Strang. “From our wide range of choices, everybody is able to find something to their preference.”
The Sacred Heart bookstore is available Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. On Friday it is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays hours are from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday’s hours are 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Spectrum News Articles
Recent The Spectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SPECTRUM NEWS
RECENT THE SPECTRUM CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections