http://SHU.blog_of_the_week: ‘Inspire me cafe’
Former Spectrum writer Amanda Rivera created her first blog in November of 2012 to inspire people.
Rivera is a Sacred Heart University graduate who wrote for the Perspectives section of Spectrum last year. When Rivera started writing blog style for her column “How do you do SHU,”she realized how much she enjoyed writing in her own voice.
The blog is cleverly titled “Inspiremecafe,” serving up a nice warm cup of inspiration.
“My family drinks coffee like water so the café part fits well into my family background,” said Rivera.
Rivera pulls inspiration from her family, friends, and college experiences.
“During my under-grad, I kept a journal and did a lot of soul searching. I looked at it and realized I had some special ideas. I saw the makings of a good blog,” said Rivera.
Inspiration can be found anywhere. Rivera uses inspiring stories, quotes, and pictures to uplift her.
“I wanted to give back to the public with the daily affirmations that really helped me get through my undergrad,” said Rivera.
As Rivera continues on journey through life, she blogs about what keeps her motivated. She hopes to inspire others to do their best every day.
“Whatever I put on Inspiremecafe.com, I want it to change someone’s life,” said Rivera.
Some of the blog posts provoke deep thoughts and some are light, airy, and encouraging.
“I find that life is most inspiring when you’re laughing,” said Rivera.
Inspiremecafe.com is evolving each time Rivera posts. Some of the pictures are from the web and some are Rivera’s own photography. In the future, she wants to do more video blog posts.
Inspiremecafe.com even has a page on Facebook and Twitter.
“I’m starting to learn how to engage people on social media like asking questions and putting out content that relates more to people,” said Rivera.
Rivera is currently engaging her readers by having them vote on her new web design for Inspiremecafe. She recently announced that the site will have a whole new look and her readers’ opinions will be the deciding factor.
One of her blog posts will be featured in the Summer 2013 issue of the Law of Attraction magazine.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Spectrum News Articles
Recent The Spectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SPECTRUM NEWS
RECENT THE SPECTRUM CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge