http://SHU.blog_of_the_week: ‘Inspire me cafe’
Former Spectrum writer Amanda Rivera created her first blog in November of 2012 to inspire people.
Rivera is a Sacred Heart University graduate who wrote for the Perspectives section of Spectrum last year. When Rivera started writing blog style for her column “How do you do SHU,”she realized how much she enjoyed writing in her own voice.
The blog is cleverly titled “Inspiremecafe,” serving up a nice warm cup of inspiration.
“My family drinks coffee like water so the café part fits well into my family background,” said Rivera.
Rivera pulls inspiration from her family, friends, and college experiences.
“During my under-grad, I kept a journal and did a lot of soul searching. I looked at it and realized I had some special ideas. I saw the makings of a good blog,” said Rivera.
Inspiration can be found anywhere. Rivera uses inspiring stories, quotes, and pictures to uplift her.
“I wanted to give back to the public with the daily affirmations that really helped me get through my undergrad,” said Rivera.
As Rivera continues on journey through life, she blogs about what keeps her motivated. She hopes to inspire others to do their best every day.
“Whatever I put on Inspiremecafe.com, I want it to change someone’s life,” said Rivera.
Some of the blog posts provoke deep thoughts and some are light, airy, and encouraging.
“I find that life is most inspiring when you’re laughing,” said Rivera.
Inspiremecafe.com is evolving each time Rivera posts. Some of the pictures are from the web and some are Rivera’s own photography. In the future, she wants to do more video blog posts.
Inspiremecafe.com even has a page on Facebook and Twitter.
“I’m starting to learn how to engage people on social media like asking questions and putting out content that relates more to people,” said Rivera.
Rivera is currently engaging her readers by having them vote on her new web design for Inspiremecafe. She recently announced that the site will have a whole new look and her readers’ opinions will be the deciding factor.
One of her blog posts will be featured in the Summer 2013 issue of the Law of Attraction magazine.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Spectrum News Articles
Recent The Spectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SPECTRUM NEWS
RECENT THE SPECTRUM CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG